Text: Matthew 11:30, Matthew 11:29
Yoke could be referred to as taking off an oppressive power from one’s way or life while burden is something that restrains someone from getting to his or her destination in life.
Any life or human with a yoke will not be able to achieve much success or if any at all in life. A yoke or burden is an instrument being used by the devil to deprive the children of God of their blessings. Bothe yoke and burden can be taking away from anybody’s life if such a person is ready to do away with them. There are steps to follows before yoke and burden could be taken away from anyone’s life.
In the reference text – Matthew 11:30, it states that “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” It shows that when you come to Jesus Christ, His yoke and burden are light for anyone to carry. Also in Matthew 11:29 it made us to understand that one will also learn from Jesus Christ when you agree to bear His yoke and burden respectively.
The effects of Yoke and Burden in a life
(1) It reduces the power: Anyone under the bondage of yoke and burden will not be able to achieve much due to lack of power. - Nehemiah 4:10.
(2) Become old quickly: By virtue of yoke and burden career, one can become old as soon as possible because of stress. - Genesis 47:7-9.
(3) Lack of joy and happiness – Anyone under the care of yoke and burden will not be happy and joy will elude such person.
(4) It can make anyone to lose his or her memory until such person get healed or cured. Luke 13:12.
(5) It can send someone to captivity
(6) It can make someone to work for another person to eat without gaining from it.
(7) It can as well leads to untimely death. Anyone under the bondage of yoke and burden might get killed as a result of continuous thinking.
How to get rid of yoke and burden
(1) Avoid sinful act: Abstain from anything that have to do with sin.
(2) Seek God daily
(3) Read God’s Word daily –Joshua 1:8
(4) Be filled with Holy Spirit
(5) Be prayerful
Yoke or burden is human enemy that doesn’t want anyone to become successful in life. As we both take the above steps, I believe God will deliver us from all bondages of yoke and burden in Jesus name.
As the Lord lives and His Spirit lives, I pray may the Lord deliver us from any form of yoke or burden that has tied our life down in Jesus mighty name.